NUMBERS FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER
- 447 Proposals submitted representing $72,119,992 in requested funding
- 321 Awards received representing $18,825,121 in funding
- 89 Outgoing Subawards representing $13,504,590 in funding for our partner institutions
- University of Illinois' campus-wide plan for implementation of the OMB Uniform Guidance
- Draft Export Compliance Policy: A campus export compliance policy is awaiting final approval for incorporation into the Campus Administrative Manual. You can review the final draft here. Please contact Sam Padilla at email@example.com or (217) 300-6385 for any questions regarding this draft policy or export controls generally.
- OVCR Launches Pre-Award Shared Services position to assist faculty in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- OSPRA reorganizes to better serve the Campus Community, click here see new Organizational Chart
The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Administration (OSPRA) is a unit under the Office of Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR). OSPRA interacts with faculty, students, department business staff, University administration, and external sponsor program officers and award negotiators to provide service and support to the University's missions of instruction, research, public service, and economic development. OSPRA is comprised of three divisions: Proposal, Award, and Processing.
The Proposal Division is responsible for reviewing and approving the requests for external funding prepared and submitted by the campus community to Federal, State, and Private Sponsors. The staff reviews proposals for budget accuracy, interprets regulation and proposal guidelines, provides training where necessary, and acts as a liaison with sponsor officials to respond to questions and requests for additional documentation to support award issuance.
The Award Division is responsible for negotiating terms and conditions of awards resulting from the submission of requests for funding, and various other research related agreements, including material transfers-in, non-disclosure, and collaboration agreements. This Division also has responsibility for issuing agreements to lower tier sub-recipients under the prime awards the University receives from external sponsors, interpreting the wide variety of terms and conditions to determine appropriate flowdown language from the prime agreement dependent upon the type of sub-recipient, e.g. institution of higher education, not-for-profit, or commercial concern. The staff responds to agreements provided by the sponsor and also draft agreements in the absence of sponsor provided documents. The staff interacts with many University administrative offices in executing these agreements, including General Counsel, the Office of Technology Management (OTM), and Risk Management.
The Processing and Reporting sections are responsible for maintaining the integrity of the sponsored programs data, routing both incoming and outgoing transactional documents, and responding to University inquiries and requests from certain external entities for reporting related to proposal and award processing. The staff also facilitate OSPRA’s interactions with both internal and external customers, and advise on policies and procedures as related to records management issues.
Do you want access to view/track your proposals and award documents on-line via UIeRA? Register now! Send your email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have access to UI eRA, here are the job aids to assist. For more information regarding the University of Illinois' electronic grants management system, click here.